Buddha Bowl with Green Goddess Dressing and Cauliflower Falafel
This delicious vegan buddha bowl is packed with prebiotics and anti-inflammatory goodness. I will prep the dressing and falafel on Sunday and throw something like this together for a weeknight dinner after work. Perfect for training, this bowl gives me the energy needed to run the next morning. The below recipe serves just one but can easily be adjusted.
For the quinoa and kale salad:
- 3/4 cup quoinia
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
Heat water until boiling and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a slow boil. Cook until tender.
- Set aside to cool down as you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Once cool, mix quinoa with kale and mix in lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper.
For the Green Goddess Dressing (from PaleoGlutenFree.com):
- 1/2 head of kale, torn into pieces
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Place in a glass jar and set in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
For the Cauliflower Falafel (from PaleoGlutenFree.com):
- 2 cups minced cauliflower (to make minced cauliflower, just blend the cauliflower in your food processor until it's minced)
- 1 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 medium egg
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teapsoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil for cooking
- Pinch of cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor blend all the ingredients, except the minced cauliflower and olive oil. Blend until the herbs are minced.
- Once the herbs are minced, add in the minced cauliflower and pulse until combined.
- Form the falafel dough into 16 1 1/2" round balls. Use a pastry brush and brush each falafel with olive oil.
- Cook for 20 minutes on 400F then rotate the falafels and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of cayenne
- Store in refrigerator for 4-5 days.
For the Bowl:
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- olive oil to drizzle
- red chili flakes
- sea salt
- Set oven to 400 and place zucchini, onion, broccoli and garlic on a pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, red chili flakes. Add a touch of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 - 30 minutes or until veggies are golden.
Place the quinoa/kale salad at the bottom of the bowl. Add roasted veggies to one side. Add two scoops of Green Goddess Dressing and the falafel to either side. Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds, sea salt and pepper and serve!