Slow Baked Salmon with Blood Orange and Lemon
This is bomb, trust and try!
- 1 fresh fillet of Alaskan salmon
- 1 blood orange, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 jalapeño chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- A few springs fresh fennel leaves
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Mix the blood orange, lemon, jalapeño and fennel slices on a baking pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the salmon fillet and place over orange mixture. Pour olive oil on top and place in oven.
Roast until salmon is cooked (it took me around 1 hour but closely check the progress).
Once salmon is cooked, transfer to a plate, breaking it into chunks. Add the orange mixture to the plate and serve.